Valentine’s Day is almost here! Have you already started planning for the big day? I love spoiling my husband rotten for any reason at all, and this year I’ve got some special Singapore tricks up my sleeve. Sometimes we go for the classic dinner and flowers, but I also love doing things that might not be right at the top of the mind when planning a date. Here are 10 ideas for great Singapore Valentine’s Day treats for your sweetie.
Janice Wong – Singapore Series or Valentine’s Day Hearts
Keep it classic with a box of chocolates, but give it a special Singapore twist by picking up a box of Chef Janice Wong’s Singapore Series. She’s a Singaporean who owns the dessert restaurant 2am:dessertbar, and she creates hand painted gorgeous chocolates!
They are truly works of art, and they come in flavors like:
- Chilli Padi
- Gula Melaka Pandan
- Kaffir Lime Caramel
- Laksa Leaf Lemongrass
- BBQ Bakkwa Poprocks
- Salted Egg
- Ginger Flower
- Mango Curry
The version created for Valentine’s Day comes with flavors like:
- Salted Caramel
- Strawberry Shortbread
- Rose Orange Blossom
- Peanut Butter Jam
- Praline Poprocks Orange
Go by Janice Wong Singapore at Paragon, which is located at 290 Orchard road, B1-K28, Singapore 238859 from Monday – Sunday, 10AM – 9PM to secure your order!
Watch the Sunrise or the Sunset
Plan a little sunrise or sunset picnic or toast to your honey while down by the beach. This can be a fun and intimate time to catch up and just talk or to treat your partner to a surprise. If you don’t have access to a terrace or a spot that is high enough to really enjoy the view, why not try out Sembawang Park, East Coast Park or Changi Beach Park? Or even Gardens by the Bay has a great view!
Sunrise is usually around 7:00-7:20 or so, and sunset is exactly 12 hours later! Click here to check out the official time on the day that you’re planning your date.
This one is also a classic, but you can get a little creative with it by having a movie date at home, featuring one of your favorites but with the full popcorn experience! Here are some good movie titles that are available on Netflix in Singapore:
- The Notebook: “Two young lovers are torn apart by war and class differences in the 1940’s adaptation of Nicholas Spark’s best-selling novel.”
- 50 Shades of Grey: “A wealthy, older man and a naive college student engage in an intense relationship marked by the exploration of erotic extremes.”
- Crazy, Stupid, Love: “When Cal learns that his wife wants a divorce, he reluctantly faces the prospect of single life with the counsel of a smooth young bachelor.”
- Grease: John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John star in this hit musical comedy about a greaser and the good girl he falls for – much to his friends’ chagrin.”
- Booty Call: “Just when Nikki and her hot friend are ready to get jiggy, circumstances conspire against two unlucky-in-bed guys.”
Weird Bouquets & Singapore-Themed Baskets
Look – flowers are almost always a win. But what if your girl is into churros? Or what if you could upgrade that bouquet with some champagne? Or a crazy bouquet of balloons? You can even DIY your own creative Valentine’s bouquets or create a Valentine’s Day basket from things you can get at Giant or Daiso. If you want to give it a special Singapore spin, stop by Naiise and get something totally SG-relevant or order something from Super Mama!
- Churros bouquets: $28 from Churros Factory Singapore (Note – they have loads of other options, too, and they do same-day delivery!)
- Beautiful dried flower bouquets from The Bloom Inc Singapore (Note – they have live flower bouquets, cupcakes, and special ones for boys, too!)
- Anthos & Co also does beautiful arrangements that are unique
- Bouquet of balloons from The Little Flower Hut
- Hire Little Red Balloon to create a massive balloon sculpture to surprise your sweety!
Instagram Photo Book or Giant Framed Love Letter
If you’ve already spent so much time together and captured it all on Instagram, you could relive it again by ordering an Instagram Photo Book from Shutterfly. Running out of time? Hand write a love letter to your love, and bring a photo on a thumb drive down to Bras Basah Complex. Level 1 of Bras Basah Complex has several shops that can help you to get your letter and photo printed and framed!
The National Parks System in Singapore has some really great programs for birdwatching. If you are a couple that likes to spend time outdoors, why not give a special birdwatching trip?
On February 10, there’s a special “What’s in my Sky?” birdwatching event at Sungei Buloh Wetland Reserve. Go looking for the Singapore Orgasm Bird! (It’s really just the pink-necked pigeon. But it has an interesting call.) If birds aren’t your thing, they’ve also got a Valentine’s Day Special Miniature Garden Workshop for Couples.
Have a Tea Date
Singapore has some really fantastic tea services. Both of the British variety and the Chinese variety!
- Tea Chapter near Maxwell is quite an experience for those who have never been to a Chinese Tea Room before
- Pek Sin Choon has been around for almost 100 years
- Brasserie Les Saveurs is a good option for those into French cuisine
- The Landing Point at The Fullerton Bay Hotel is another wonderful option
- Or stick to the classic – Tea at Raffles Hotel (Although – they do not re-open until the 2nd half of 2018. So maybe an IOU?)
What scent reminds you of your honey?
If your partner is someone who always smells nice and loves a beautiful perfume or cologne, why not either make a scent for them or give them the gift of being able to create their own! Jetaime Perfumery has perfume workshops for singles or for couples, and they have some iconic old Singapore-inspired perfumes that they’ve recently made available.
Instead of having dinner made for you, why not give the experience of making dinner together? Singapore has tons of places where you can take cooking classes in larger groups or as a couple. Some of the best memories I have with my husband have been at various cooking classes that we’ve taken across the globe. Here are a few ideas on where you might get started.
- Make chocolate with Anjali Chocolat
- Best of Brunch at Buonissimo Singapore will teach you how to make 3 different popular brunch recipes
- Culinary On is offering a “Kiss the Cook” class that is actually on Valentine’s Day
- For those that want more of a challenge, why not learn how to make a Croquembouche Tower with ToTT
- If you fancy Indian, take the Indian Menu class with Cookery Magic where she shares her mother’s special recipes
Pick Up a Honey
If you’re still single, have no fear. There are some great events going on in Singapore to help you meet other people! Honeycombers has an up to date list on Valentine’s Day parties happening across the island. You’ll be joining us coupled-up folks in no time and have to start getting more creative with your ideas!